Becoming a small business owner in Canada
Sign up for FREE download
(Limited offer for the first 100 readers).
WE’LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THIS eBOOK IS AVAILABLE!
Be your own boss
If you find the idea of working for yourself appealing, this guide is a great place to start.
If you are new to Canada as a Permanent Resident and are keen to build a comfortable, reliable, successful livelihood, you’re in the right place.
If you have skills, talent and knowledge within a specific field or are simply passionate about a certain product or service, this report will support your entrepreneurial adventure.
How will it help you?
First, you will find interesting and valuable facts about the small business and entrepreneurial sector in Canada: What is the current landscape and where could you fit in?
Next, we’ll examine the pros and cons of starting your own business, the glorious ups and the potentially painful downs.
Assuming you’re still with us, the guide will then provide a practical step-by-step process to help turn your hopes into reality.
Finally, we’ll pack in some advice around growing your business, anticipating barriers, adapting to change and keeping your business viable and sustainable.
TABLE OF CONTENT
The Current Canadian Landscape
- Facts and trends in the economy
- The outlook for SMEs in 2022 and beyond
Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Building awareness of the pros and cons
- Buying and existing business or starting a new one
- Balancing freedom versus 24/7 commitment
- Defining personal and family goals and needs
What’s Your Big Idea?
- Exploring the marketability of your product or service
- Researching the existing competition
- Identifying your Unique Selling Proposition and differentiators
- A practical 12-step process to put the wheels in motion
- The Red Tape, The Ticker Tape, The Measuring Tape
Building Momentum page
- Marketing, networking, identifying your target and where to reach them
- Power of word of mouth
- Harnessing social media to promote your business
- Managing through the new normal of a pandemic